This article walks you through the process of installing and using NCDU on a Linux server. NCDU can be used to track disk usage in Linux.
- Download the latest version of NCDU by browsing to http://dev.yorhel.nl/ncdu.
- Upload the compressed file to your Linux server.
- Login to your Linux server via SSH.
- Browse to the directory that contains the compressed file.
- Unzip the compressed file.
#tar -xzvf ncdu-1.8.tar.gz
- Rename the ncdu directory
#mv ncdu-1.8 ncdu
- Run the following commands:
Note : first go to root directory means to / (e.g. cd / after that run ncdu command from command prompt).
NCDU Screens-shots :